Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Sit rep 23.08.26

How does one know that one is in a rut?

Most of the time, the signs that one picks up are too late and they only become obvious when the bad habits are ingrained deep into daily routine.

I am currently in a downward spiral in terms of actually doing anything other than doomscrolling or hiding behind work.
There was a time when there was no dearth of good ideas or plans or books or things I would be doing or trying out or learning. Now, I don't have ideas and I just waste time.

On another tangent, I used to write my headspace better and more frequently. Another small habit that would help me be in a better headspace and sort the mess in my head.

I am currently dilly-dallying on a work assignment that I was supposed to submit three days ago but have been doing anything but that in the last three days. There is no reason to prolong the assignment and make it more complicated than it is. But I am procrastinating on it and making it more complicated than required so that I do not have to work on actual growth.

That reminds me, Procrastinating coder needs to make a comeback. Need to jot down more of my learnings - especially how to code using loops and arrays and scheduling in Google big query.

No comments:

Post a Comment